DAMIAN P. CONFORTI
PARTNER | 862-233-8111 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Damian Conforti is a partner with the firm. He represents corporate and individual clients in government investigations, civil disputes and employment matters. He has successfully defended physicians, accountants, securities brokers, government officials and other professionals from criminal and disciplinary actions brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, State Attorneys General, district attorneys, FINRA and other licensing agencies and regulatory boards.
Damian is a former assistant prosecutor with the Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office where he prosecuted several hundred criminal cases including homicides, drug offenses, violent offenses and white collar crimes. Previously, he was appointed a municipal prosecutor in Jersey City and a municipal public defender for the Boroughs of North Caldwell and Essex Fells, New Jersey.
Damian has also been lead trial counsel in numerous civil matters at the federal, state and municipal court levels.
His prior experience assisting insurers’ special investigation units makes him specially suited to defend professionals and other individuals accused of health care and insurance fraud, civil RICO violations and other complex commercial claims. Damian’s employment work includes preparing workplace policies, drafting and reviewing employment contracts, and providing advice regarding employee discipline, terminations and restrictive covenants.
Prior to joining the firm, Damian was an equity partner at one of New Jersey’s most prestigious litigation firms and a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lawrence P. DeBello, J.S.C., in the Hudson Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Criminal Division and Family Part.
- Obtained a $1.2 million judgment at trial on behalf of management company in breach of professional services action;
- Trial defense and negotiation of favorable settlement of claims of constitutional and civil rights violations against municipality and 8 of its officials;
- Verdict in favor of privately-held business accused of land use violations;
- Negotiation of non-prosecution agreement on behalf of non-profit agency and its officers accused of federal tax evasion, theft of government funds and fraud;
- Dismissal of accounting malpractice and ethics complaints before the state accountancy board;
- Dismissal of a $130,000 theft complaint against employee of national retail corporation.
Damian is the co-chair of the Essex County Bar Association Criminal Law Committee, a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey and a Barrister in the C. Willard Heckel Inn of Court at Rutgers School of Law – Newark, New Jersey. He graduated from Boston College on the Dean’s List and from Seton Hall University, School of Law.
Bar Admissions: New Jersey; New York; United States District Court, District of New Jersey; United States District Court, Southern District of New York; United States District Court, Eastern District of New York.